Welcome to the Multicultural resource center!
Although we are a small organization, we have deep impact in our communities. There are many things happening at MRC, so please check back regularly to see what we're up to. We invite you to browse through all our webpages and learn more about the important work we do in our communities and the people who make it happen. Also, make sure to sign up to MRC's Bi-Monthly Newsletter below!
Peace and Love! ~Fabina B. Colon, MRC Director
MRC's Guiding principles:
We honor the fundamental dignity, sovereignty, and inherent power of all people! Our commitment to the changes we wish to inform and inspire in our communities are guided by the following ways of working:
We honor our human rights, challenge injustice and resist systems of oppression.
- We honor First Peoples’ knowledge, our elders, and the histories of our communities.
- We honor seeing and being seen, listening and being heard.
- We honor intergenerational collective leadership.
- We honor leading with cultural intelligence.
- We honor leading from knowledge that is experiential, lived and comes from first-person voice.
- We honor accountability to one another and to the work for both the intention and impact of our words and actions.
- We honor cultural and arts expression as a central guide to advance our goals and mission.
- We honor life-long learning and working from a place of humility.
- We honor racial and cultural healing as key ingredients to sustain our movement and persevere through the challenges that come with our work.
If you would like to be involved in the work of MRC, or might simply enjoy learning more about what MRC can offer you, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org